Monday, May 5, 2014

Choices

We are faced with a multitude of choices each and every day. The sum of those choices are what will bring you success or set you back. 

I could choose to make up excuses as to why I "can't fit" working out into my day- or why "I'm too tired" to prepare a healthy meal. In fact, this morning we were up at 3 am with my son who seemed to think he can only sleep in mom and dads bed. I VERY easily could have used my lack of sleep last night as an excuse to not do my workout today. But, often times we just look for the easy way out without thinking about what we're giving up by making that choice. If I were to choose not to workout, I would also be choosing to take a step back in my progress, mentally and physically. The saying is true- you can have results or excuses, but not both. If you want to reach your goals, you have to make a choice. You have to truly commit to doing things outside of your comfort zone. You have to commit to working out even when you want to rest instead. You have to commit to cooking a healthy meal even when you don't feel like cooking. 
You have to set aside your excuses, no matter how valid they may be, and focus on the results you want. 

Remember- it's all a choice. There is no food in the world that you "can't" have, but plenty that you choose not to have. You are not being deprived of delicious snacks- those snacks are the ones depriving YOU from your results! 

Excuses, or results. The choice is yours. 



No comments:

Post a Comment