Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Lies that have been holding you back.

I wanted to talk about something tonight that has been weighing on my heart. It is the lies that hold us back from reaching our fullest potential.

This lie usually reveals itself in the form of FEAR.

This fear holds us back every single day without us even realizing it half the time!

Sometimes it the fear of insecurity. The fear of failure. The fear of disappointment. The fear of not following through. The fear of commitment. The fear of the unknown. The fear of the known. The fear of letting someone down.

There are so many different ways that the devil uses fear to create SELF DOUBT. It steals our confidence in ourselves AND our confidence in GOD!!! It PROHIBITS us from following through with the things that God has laid out for our lives. It STEALS the blessings that God has promised for obeying his word. God has CLEARLY commanded us to put our TRUST in HIM. Not ourselves. HIM. The phrase "do not be afraid" appears 365 times in the Bible. What does that tell you? Yet why do we still fall into this trap?!?!

This has been on my heart because, honestly, I have fallen into this trap as well. Honestly, for me, it has been the fear of not following through as well as the fear of failure. 

I was doing SOOOOO good with my workouts and staying on track but then I found out I was pregnant and BAM first trimester was SERIOUSLY the pits. It threw me out of my routine. Once I started feeling better, I started coming up with excuse after excuse. I had lost my MOMENTUM.

"When Jacob starts sleeping better, then I will start waking up early to do my workouts"....."When I get caught up on house work, then I will make time to cook healthy meals"...
Our Pastor talked about this a few Sundays ago...we tend to use the "WHEN/ THEN" sentence through many aspects of our lives and it is literally robbing us from the plans God has for us...the blessings that HE has laid out for us.


ANY TIME YOU USE THE PHRASE WHEN/THEN, YOU ARE LYING TO YOURSELF.

Yes, I said it. I probably ruffled a few feathers with that statement but it is the truth.

Your list of WHEN'S will never end and your THEN'S will never come. Its simple. You cannot wait for the perfect conditions BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE PERFECT CONDITIONS! There will ALWAYS be SOMETHING. Its just life.

The only way to truly change your circumstances is just to DIVE in HEAD FIRST and GO FOR IT.

HAVE FAITH.

That self doubt that fear creates is depriving you of your fullest potential. It is robbing you blind. It is destroying your dreams.

What about failure???

Why are we so afraid of failure?!

At first, while thinking about this...I couldn't pinpoint what it is about failure that I am personally afraid of.

But then I realized- its judgement. What if I fail- what will people think of me?!?

Then I step back and realize what a foolish thought that is. Nobody thinks I am perfect. Why do I care what people think? If I try my best, no matter what the end results are with my workouts and fitness journey, then I am a success.


If you never try, then you will never fail. But if you never fail, then you will never know just how great the plans are that God has laid before you. You will never know what your potential is if you never try!

Take a look at this list of famous failures. Does it NOT just totally give you peace of mind knowing that WE ALL FAIL! The difference is in those that have faith and pull themselves back up. 

You see, Michale Jordan never let being cut from his high school baskeball's team stop him from continuing to push after his dreams. Oprah did not let the constructive criticism from her early boss telling her she wasn't fit for TV prevent her from trying harder.

The ONLY way that we will EVER see our fullest potential is when we understand that the EXCUSES that we tell ourselves are just LIES.  

We need to simply DIVE IN.....we need to GO FOR IT, WITH ALL OUR MIGHT!

Do not let FEAR stand in your way any more.

Think about your goals. If you don't have them, now is the time to set them. What are you doing TODAY that will get you to your goals eventually? If the answer is NOTHING, then IT'S TIME FOR A DETOUR!

Think about the excuses you have used in the past and just tell yourself NO MORE!!!!!

Think about the plan that God has for you, the potential that you can reach for yourself, and throw that doubt out of your mind and set your eyes and faith on things from above AND JUST GO FOR IT.

GO ALL IN.


If you have been struggling with self doubt, fears of commitment, failure, or just find yourself coming up with excuse after excuse to do the things you know you need to do to take care of this temple that God given you, then PLEASE, let me help you!!!

I have space available still in my next challenge group and I would LOVE to help you achieve your goals and start the NEW YEAR out feeling ACCOMPLISHED, CONFIDENT, AND BLESSED.

You can ALWAYS request for me to be your official FREE coach by clicking here and I encourage you to apply to my next nutrition and fitness accountability group! I guarantee you that your life will be forever changed.






Fill out my online form.
There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment