Thursday, May 15, 2014

Roasted veggie recipe!

Again, I bet you thought I'd forget to post my veggie recipe for today, didn't you! Hehe tricked you! No way is this dietitian forgetting her veggies for the day ;-)

It's just been another one of those crazy days, which appears to be the norm around here! 

I didn't even get to fit my workout in until 11:30! How zeros! Thank goodness I workout from home otherwise I seriously just wouldn't workout! 

Today's veggie recipe is roasted vegetables. 

I LOVEEEE roasted vegetables. Seriously- they're fool proof and incredibly delicious! 

Roasted veggies 

Ingredients

1 red onion cut into wedges
1-2 bell peppers cut into strips
1 yellow squash sliced
1 zucchini sliced 
Sea salt
Olive oil or grape seed oil
Balsamic vinegar 

Directions: 

In a large bowl, toss the veggies together with a drizzle of oil and the balsamic vinegar to coat. Heat the oven to ~450 ... Spread the veggies evenly on a baking sheet lined with foil and sprinkle with a little sea salt. Pop in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes turning once. I like mine a little crispier but play it by ear! 

You can serve them as a vegetable side to just about anything! 

And their you halve it folks! Another crazy simple fool proof way to get your veggies in ;-) 

Until tomorrow! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment