Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A Dietitian and Coach's Lesson on Living Unapologeticaly

So, do you want to know a big fat secret?

I am 100% typing this from my heart today. 

I used to have this irrational fear of being judged for being a beachbody coach. I fear that people will judge me and categorize me and dismiss me. Used to, as in like up until earlier today. 

Why?!

Sitting down and analyzing WHY I have this fear is actually eye opening. And simply re-confirms how crazy and irrational it really is. 

Every day I get up in the morning and I check into my challenge groups. I read through all of the positive messages I have received from challengers who are FINALLY finding the solution, support, and tools needed to make permanent lifestyle changes. They are losing weight, getting healthy, improving their life. Its a pretty amazing feeling to be a part of this. Every day I get to give them more tips, more advice, and be there to answer their questions, day and night. I truly support my challengers in any way that I can. No, I am not perfect, but yes, I try my absolute best and put my all into it. As a result, I am helping to change lives. Every day I get to inspire change in others. I get to help others believe in themselves and see potential they didn't even know they had. 

So why would I be fearful that people would judge me?! 

As a dietitian, the epitome of my job is to inspire and motivate change in others.

In fact, I will tell you, the reason my patients are so successful is because I listen to them. I encourage them. I show them how to make permanent lifestyle changes. Most people already know what they need to do, but some how, translating that into daily activ-
ities, habits, and lifestyle is a serious struggle. And I understand that struggle because I HAVE BEEN THERE. 

Of course, I teach, I educate, I create menu plans, but the number one thing that I do as a coach and dietitian is MOTIVATE AND INSPIRE CHANGE. 

It is what I did in my clinic work and it is what I do as a coach in my challenge groups.

I help people change their lives.

So, again, why would I be fearful that people would judge me?! 

I am seriously guilty of letting my fear of judgement prohibit me from giving 100% into chasing my dreams. 

I watched a video today and realize, you know what- people will judge. Period. Regardless of what route I take. I have two choices, I can either live boldly and un-apologetically giving my 100% to the passion and purpose laid on my heart by God and forget the rest, or I can choose to live spinelessly not standing up for what I believe in, going with the flow, and never making a change in this world. 

So, I am choosing to put on my armor, accept the fact that people will judge, and follow the path God has for me, 100% un-apologetically without fear of judgement. I will live with passion and purpose for my life. I am chasing after my dreams....my goals...for myself and my family. 

Beachbody is truly a blessing. I mean this from the bottom of my heart. Since I started coaching, I have been able to greatly expand my reach of those I can help. Consistently each month, I have been able to earn enough through coaching at home to pay my student loans, my shakeology, my groceries, and weekly date nights. It has buffered our budget enough to allow me to stay home with my son in just a matter of months since starting out. The opportunity is real. It has helped me believe in myself, helped me get into the best shape of my life. It truly has been a blessing inside and out. 

I know that I am not the only one who fears judgement...but, imagine what can happen once you let go of that fear and accept the fact that those that will judge, will judge, regardless of which route you take. What if you start living your life boldly, and stop letting irrational fears stop you from giving it your all? What if you surrendered your life fully to God's plan for you not the plan you have for yourself? What if you woke up daily and said "God, I am yours, I am fully 100% yours, lay on my heart a desire to do YOUR will. Let YOUR will be done, God, and give me the courage to pour into others this passion you have filled me with!!!!" 

Imagine if you stepped outside of your comfort zone and publicly began chasing after your dreams? Imagine the lives that can change! Imagine how YOUR life can change!!!! 

So, whatever it is that you have been on the edge of doing but feared judgement of others for that decision, ask yourself, what is stopping you? What is stopping you from chasing your dreams? And then let it go! 

Go out and live boldly and courageously my friends. Who cares what others think. The only opinion that matters is Gods, and when your ultimate goals align with His, He will provide a way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment