Sunday, March 29, 2015

Spring/ Summer Cycle Menu!



wow oh wow! WHERE HAVE I BEEN?!

I cannot believe I let my blog slip THIS LONG!!!

WELL...before I get into the topic of this post, I think I need to fill ya'll in briefly with whats been going on in my little world over here!

Since my last blog post...We sold our house, bought a new house and moved (week of Christmas), my oldest son turned TWO (sad face, where has time gone?!), and I had our second son who spent his first 11 days of life in the NICU ( a story for another day).

Holy moly thats a lot going on in a short amount of time!

Needless to say, life has been a bit crazy over here in the Baez household. Which draws me to the reason for this post. With two littles to love, snuggle, and look after now, I have ZEROOOOOO (did I emphasize that enough?) desire to be menu planning, cooking, and basically doing anything other than loving on my two precious boys.

However, somethings in life need done, whether you want to do them or not, and menu planing IS an essential part of taking care of my families health AND budget. But that doesn't mean it has to be complicated.

Insert- Two Week Menu Cycle.


A cycle menu is simple- its two weeks worth of meals, that you repeat, over and over again, until... well..you decide to change. Basically, use what works and don't re-invent the wheel each week. It saves time, money, and keeps everyone happy (and sane).

To create a cycle menu, sit down with your family and pick various recipes TOGETHER (especially if you have a toddler, I highly recommend involving them in the process and keeping their preferences in mind to encourage them to actually EAT the food you prepared...moms out there- you know the struggle!) Keep in mind your time (be realistic!), your budget, and the season! Try to keep it balanced too, especially if you are feeding kiddos- a protein, a carb and/ or a fruit ,and a vegetable.

With the weather warming up, I like to add outdoor barbecue items on the menu at least twice a week.I also like to keep a few things similar each week on days that tend to be the busiest: For instance...Meatloaf mondays, taco tuesdays and pizza on fridays.

So after sitting down with hubby and my little man, we came up with this cycle menu together to get us through the spring/ summer months (and sleepless nights with a newborn).


and there it is! that simple....

here are some links to the recipes I use in this menu cycle...feel free to steal this and use it for your family too, or use it for ideas to recreate something similar....happy planning everyone <3

Turkey meatloaf
Fish Tacos
Grilled Chicken Kabobs
Clean Eating Turkey Burgers
Clean Sausage and Spinach Pizza
Clean eating Veggie Pasta Salad 
Chicken and Vegetable Stirfry
Clean eating Taco Casserole
Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
Tomato Basil Pasta 
Baked Chicken Fingers and Sweet Potato Fries

No comments:

Post a Comment