Friday, May 16, 2014

5 steps to planning a "cheat" meal.

Lets talk "cheat night".

Friday nights are our "cheat nights" here in the Baez household, and I am highly predictable. Pretty much every Friday night, I order one rainbow roll and a small portion of frozen yogurt. That's my once a week cheat meal. It is something I can savor, enjoy, eat mindfully, and I feel very satisfied after, not stuffed, bloated and overall gross like other meals I could choose.

So how do you plan a successful cheat night that won't set you back?

First- limit it to one meal, once a week. Not multiple times a week. No cheat DAYS. No cheat WEEKENDS. And if you "cheat" any other time of the week, you lose the "cheat night". It's something to be earned (for your own results).

Second- know your triggers and don't even go there. You know those foods that are your favorite and can't just have a tiny amount of? Ya, those- avoid them right now. I want you set-up for success, not set-up for a binge. Some foods even just once a week can cause some people to crave them for 2-3 days after.

Third- eat mindful portions of whatever it is you choose. You are not eating to indulge. You are eating to savor and enjoy your food. Do not go overboard and eat an entire pizza. Like I said, if its not something you can have a mindful portion of, just don't even go there right now. Savor it. chew it. taste it. experience it. Don't just scarf it down like you haven't eaten all week.

Fourth- earn it. Don't skip your workouts! I LOVE having my cheat night on Friday nights because not only is it the end of the work week, but its also doubles day on the Focus T25 schedule that I am going through right now! It gives me something to look forward to as I feel like I am about to die during my second workout lol!

Fifth- Ditch the guilt. Cheat meal is not something to feel bad about! Enjoy it! savor it! just don't dive off the deep end and you'll be ok!

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment