Friday, May 16, 2014

Spinach and mushrooms

Hi guys! So as you know- its green week. Also, it's the week I challenged myself and only spent $50 for the week on groceries!! 

So in order to do that, I had to use up what I had and get creative! 

Today's recipe, I just made up, but it was a hit, very economical, nutritious, and QUICK! So you know what that means- its a repeat lol! 

Ingredients

~20 oz frozen spinach (approx- doesnt have to be exact)
2 small cans mushrooms (I had them in the cabinet and thought I might as well use them up
3 clove garlic sent through a garlic press
Olive oil
Garlic salt to taste 
1/2-1 cup water 

Directions

Add the olive oil in the pan over medium heat and cook the garlic for a minute, them add in the rest of the ingredients, turn the heat to high, and go prep something else while you wait fr it to boil. Then lower the temp to simmer and simmer for 8 min or so while covered. Season to taste. I

We served this with baked salmon tonight mixed in organic whole wheat pasta (depending on who in the family had any yellow containers left over)! It really went great together. 

See pictures below to see how I plate the food based on individual portions left for the day for each person to ensure we stay balanced! 


No comments:

Post a Comment