Monday, May 12, 2014

Mashed cauliflower recipe!

It's green week! Day 2... Where each day this week, I am posting a new vegetable recipe!

And you thought I would forget haha.. I've been super busy today chasing after my lil munchkin! seriously cooking was a challenge as he wanted to touch and grab EVERYTHING! so i finally just let him take apart the kitchen cabinet so i could have 5 min to pop the meatloaf in the oven and re-heat the mashed cauliflower! It's amazing how quickly a toddler can pull everything out of the cabinets!!! 



I didn't get a chance to workout until after 9 pm once my son went to bed, but I did it! Just another reason I love 30 minute at home workouts!!! Really, there's NO excuse not to fit it in! After my workout, hubby put on the 21 day fix to give it a test run  and boy is he excited (as am I!!) for next Monday to get here which is when our 21 day fix  challenge group starts!!! I can't wait to see everyone's transformations!!!

Here's hubby rockin it to plyo fix tonight! Gosh I love this man!!! 


Ok back to the topic! MASHED CAULIFLOWER! 

If you love mashed potatoes but don't want to waste all of your yellow containers on a small portion, then you've GOT to try this- SOOO simple! 

Ingredients
1 head cauliflower 
Garlic
Sea salt 
Butter (2 tbs) 

Directions:
Wash, cut and steam the cauliflower with garlic in a steam basket with a little salt, set in about 2-4 inches water, covered, for 10-12 minutes until tender. Remove from steam basket and blast those suckers in the food processor with the butter. Season as you wish, but please, folks, keep it clean ;-) can be made ahead up to 5-7 days and even re-heated in te crock pot if you wanted! 



Seriously it's as easy as that! Play around with the seasonings and you'll soon learn that you don't HAVE to have those starchy yummy potatoes to satisfy your appetite and you can sneak some more greens cups (for those on the 21 day fix- aka veggie servings) into your meal plan without feeling like your drowning in salad every day!!! 

Check back tomorrow for the next green recipe! 

God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment