Sunday, May 25, 2014

The ultimate budget menu: $60/ week INCLUDING shakeology

Yep you read that right.

I just spent a great length of time costing out our groceries and menu plan to come up with the ultimate budget friendly plan that averages ~$60 a week for someone on the first level of calories on the 21 day fix (the level I am on). The $60 a week INCLUDES the cost of shakeology at coach discount price (if your a penny-pinching shakeology lover like myself- you should seriously consider signing up to be a coach to save that extra 25%- it adds up! Email me for more info!! Bbaeznutrition@gmail.com).

So, what does it look like?

It's essentially what I personally eat daily!

Here it is! (Portioned according to the 21 day fix containers)

Breakfast-
Overnight oats (keep it simple- just water and 1/4 rolled oats!)
Greek yogurt unsweetened (fage is my favorite so that is what I used for cost)
Blueberries (I purchase frozen from wince- just read the ingredients and make sure blueberries are all that your getting!!)

Snack-
12 almonds
cup carrot sticks

Lunch-
Shakeology with unsweetened almond milk
Raspberries (again- purchased frozen)

Snack-
Cottage cheese
Cherry tomatoes

Dinner-
Here are 4 to get you started- I have 7 but will post more with recipes later!
Chicken with black beans and broccoli
Broiled salmon with black beans and organic raw spinach
Chicken with quinoa and green beans
Fish tacos with 6"  organic corn tortilla and raw spinach


All of that averages $60 per WEEK! Talk about budget friendly! And you thought you couldn't afford to drink shakeology ;-)

Ill be posting recipes later this week so check back!


No comments:

Post a Comment